25.07.2019-702 views -Purchases: Expenditures
1ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEMS
CONTROLS AND PROCESSES
TURNER / WEICKGENANNT
CHAPTER on the lookout for: Expenditures Operations and Settings – Acquisitions
TEST TRADITIONAL BANK - PART 9 - TRUE as well as FALSE
1 . When the business is a supplier, goods movement into the business and funds is paid for.
2 . Companies in the same line of business are not likely to have sufficient differences in their particular purchasing practices.
3. The purchasing method starts when the purchase invoice is posted by the seller.
4. A purchase order is essentially an internal record, one that will not go beyond the company, whereas a purchase requisition is an external document, that is presented to an entity outside of the company.
your five. A purchase requisition is essentially an internal document, one which does not get outside the organization, whereas a purchase order is an external doc, which will be shown to an enterprise outside the organization.
6. The use of a blind po forces the receiving attendant to perform persistent check in the quantity and quality of the delivery.
7. A company is definitely not obligated to pay for goods until thirty days after the merchandise are received.
8. Despite the fact that a company has a obligation to purchase goods as soon as the goods happen to be received, really to not record the actual the liability until the account is received.
9. It is vital for the purchasing department to set up the appropriate procedures to avoid problems linked to cutoff concerns.
10. The accounts payable department retains copies of purchase orders and receiving reports, that will be when compared to related account, to be sure the invoices symbolize goods that have been ordered and received.
10. The accounting department is liable for implementing interior controls above each business process.
doze. Independent reconciliation of the accounts payable subsidiary ledger towards the general journal control bank account will help to assure that all arrays has been properly recorded.
13. Independent reconciliation of the regular inventory is important and the products on hand ledger and the general journal will help to ensure that inventory is being properly made up.
14. For a number of different reasons, a company could find it required to reject goods received that will start the purchase returns process.
12-15. The cash payment process has to be designed to make sure that the company appropriately records every accounts payable transactions.
18. Most companies conduct business ventures with checks so that a written record is established for cash payments.
17. Copies of invoices should be registered in the account in lettered order by name of the vendors.
18. When an bill is paid, it should be terminated to indicate that this has been paid out.
19. While preparing the cash disbursement journals, it is important that the records have the genuine date of cash disbursement, being shown within the check.
20. Cash should be periodically validated by assessing the balance in the check book with the harmony in the cash account in the general ledger.
21. Funds should be occasionally verified by simply comparing the cash balance with all the bank declaration.
22. Only the purchasing office should authorize the digesting of a cash disbursement purchase.
23. The authorization of your cash disbursement occurs when the accounts payable division matches the purchase order, receiving report, and the invoice, and then forwards the matched documents for the cash payments department.
twenty four. Designated people of managing should be presented the responsibility for authorizing you see, the payments and sign their signatures in its appearance of the examine.
25. If the purchasing, receiving, accounts payable, and cash disbursements procedures are completed by the same individuals, the internal controls will be stronger because someone in the company could have an overall perspective of company activities.
twenty six. In order to commence an automated matching system, each of the relevant...